Alternative To OTC
A ‘Complete Hearing Care’ Alternative To Over-The-Counter Hearing Aids In Fall River, Centerville & Dartmouth
In 2017, the federal government passed the Over-the-Counter Hearing Aid Act. The intention was to give consumers a greater choice of affordable hearing devices, and after many false starts, different devices are now starting to appear in the market.
Typically backed by big brand names with lots of advertising that make big promises, they’re certainly winning attention and resulting in many people finally considering whether they should aid their hearing in the same way that they would comfortably aid their eyesight.
However, in our professional opinion, over-the-counter hearing aids are not the right way to address a hearing challenge in most cases.
They could almost be described as the “readers” of the hearing care world – they’ll supply a “one-size-fits-all” solution that takes no consideration toward your unique hearing loss, nor are they personalized to your needs in any way.
For some people, this may be the first step, but for many people, this step would result in a bad experience, wasted money, and a belief that hearing aids cannot help them in any way.
My first visit to Duncan Hearing Healthcare went very well. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and my doctor was wonderful at explaining the results of my hearing test as well as which hearing aids would suit me best . I was able to try a device programmed specifically for me right in the doctor’s office, amazing ! I ordered my hearing aid; one visit and I’m done! I wish I’d come to Duncan sooner.
As you know, I am a musician, composer for TV and video, producer, performer. I am trying to do all this while coping with moderate to severe hearing loss, never mind just trying to hear TV and my wife. Kim has put up with me for several appointments now. She’s good. We are making real progress. Feel free to post my comments. The value she brings is clearly superior to buying over the counter hearing aids.
Five Reasons We Don’t Recommend Over-The-Counter (OTC)
1. They Don’t Require A Hearing Assessment
Without a hearing assessment, your devices cannot be programmed to your specific hearing loss, which means that OTC devices will generally be just amplifying sound rather than amplifying the tones/sounds that your hearing loss is preventing you from hearing.
2. Nobody’s Looking Into Your Ears
We see people every day that believe that they have a hearing loss, but upon looking into their ears, we find other reasons for their reduced hearing, whether it’s a blockage, a buildup of earwax, or more complicated medical reasons.
Simply purchasing a device without first having your ears checked could potentially be a waste of money and time.
3. You Have To Fit Them Yourself
Hearing aids are unfamiliar to many of us, so fitting them yourself can feel very weird and leave you unsure to whether it’s fitted correctly. It’s important to have a professional fit your devices. At Duncan Hearing Healthcare, we have a 12-step fitting process, for example.
4. You Rarely Receive Any Warranty Or Support
Once you have purchased your OTC devices, you’re all alone. This means that if you have any problems, you lose a device, or you’re not getting the performance that you require, there is little to no support for you.
5. There’s No Cover For Loss Or Damage
Over the years, thousands of our patients have lost or damaged their devices. They’re small, they get dislodged, and they can fall onto the floor, into water, or while you’re out and about. With OTC devices, you receive no loss or damage warranty, which means that if you lose them, you need to buy them again.
Schedule An Appointment
Introducing Our Low-Priced Complete Hearing Care Solution, The Duncan Hearing ‘Start’ Plan
If you’re looking for your first step toward better hearing and are seeking a competitively-priced solution that includes COMPLETE hearing care rather than just a device, then we have created a package specifically for you.
It’s called the “Start” plan and it delivers you great technology that is professionally tailored to your exact hearing loss with a professional hearing assessment, fitting, and ongoing support by the most trusted hearing care experts in Fall River, Centerville & Dartmouth.
The “Start” plan includes:
- An entry-level hearing device from a top manufacturer – you will get a pair of highly-rated hearing aids from a world-leading manufacturer.
- A comprehensive hearing assessment by a hearing professional – your hearing will be professionally tested through a methodical process in one of our three offices.
- 12-point fitting process to guarantee the perfect fit and performance – your devices will be fitted following our 12-point process to deliver the highest performance and comfort.
- 12-month repair, loss, or damage warranty – you will be covered for any damage, repairs, or loss within your first 12 months, giving you complete peace of mind.
- A trial period for 45 days, return anytime – if you decide that they’re not right for you, then you can return them within 45 days.
- A $500.00 contribution toward upgraded hearing technology within your first 12 months – if you decide that you would like to step into upgraded technology or get a better performance within your first 12 months, then you can benefit from a $500.00 contribution.
- 2 years of aftercare, including service, adjustments, and yearly prescription evaluations – for two years, our team of hearing care professionals will have your back and support you to ensure that you hear the life that you love.
- 2 years of hearing aid batteries included – you’ll receive all the batteries that you need to ensure your devices continue to perform.
It’s your way to access better hearing for a great price while ensuring that you’re getting the best possible performance – tailored to you.
At just $2290 – this delivers you the complete package for only slightly less than you would be expected to pay for over-the-counter devices – with all the benefits.
I was impressed by the thorough explanation of my test results. Dr. Duncan was very patient and answered all my questions. Rather than pushing to sell me a hearing aid she advised me to see an ENT, contacted my primary physician to determine who to refer me to, and had the staff help arrange an appointment.
I have had a wonderful experience every time I go there. All of the staff is very nice. I have seen Kimberly twice to adjust my hearing aids and address any issues I have. She is very patient and caring and I always leave very happy with my service there. Thank you Kimberly and everyone at Duncan for giving me my hearing back.
Would You Like To Schedule An Appointment To Explore The ‘Start’ Package?
To discover whether the “Start” package is right for you, the first step is to schedule a professional hearing assessment to understand your hearing challenges.
Simply complete the form on this page and we’ll contact you shortly to schedule a date/time for your visit.
Alternatively, if you have any questions, you can request a callback from one of our hearing professionals by clicking here.